The simplest Chicken Masala which still gives you all the flavor you longing for when you don't have the mood to cook but hungry to eat good foods.
Chicken Masala is semi-dry and semi gravy chicken curry made with just a few ingredients. It is one of the best chicken recipes apart from tandoori chicken on the blog and it can be easily made in one pot. No blending or complicated masala items, all you need is a pressure cooker or a deep pan to cook chicken.
Ingredients and Method:
1. Heat the pressure cooker / pan, add 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp fennel powder, few green chilies and curry leaves, 1 finely chopped big onions and saute till onion becomes translucent.
2. Add 2 chopped medium size tomatoes, 1 tsp turmeric, chili powder to your spice level, salt to taste and saute for 2 mins.
3. Add 1/2 kg chicken pieces and saute for a min.
4. Close the cooker and leave 1 whistle or close the pan with the lid and cook until chicken is 3/4th done, don't add water as chicken leaves the water.
5. After pressure is released from the cooker, open the lid and cook in high flame until 3/4 of the water evaporates.
6. Add Pepper to taste about 1 Tsp and saute until required consistency.
7. Garnish with cilantro and serve as a side to rice or roti.